site stats
SSX's Blog



PSP-Go Sunday, October 4, 2009


source


The PSP-Go is available in Singapore as of a few days ago at a price of S$412. It's feature? It's also going to be smaller and lighter than the standard PSP we are used to, which IMO, doesn't really matters as long as the PSP can fit into my bag without weighing too much. It has bluetooth capabilities too, so the transfer speed between the consoles or computer should be decent.

The other very important feature is the removal of UMD (the small disc thingy at the back of your PSP) driver entirely. Yeps, you need to download all the games online via the Sony Playstation Store. It's going to be purely digital with the exception of a Memory stick. And by the way, the PSP-Go is going to use 802.11b protocol, so I wouldn't bet on downloading games using PSP-Go unless I have that much time to waste. (If you have no idea what's that protocol, you're probably still using the G protocol for your wireless internet connection, which is about 4x to 5x faster than the B one that PSP-Go is using)

I am going to cross my fingers for now because I doubt PSP-Go is going to be a hit in Singapore. Our very slow broadband speed isn't going to help sales at all. Just in case you didn't know, currently we are behind our developed Asian counterparts and already 3x slower than the internet connection in South Korea. Maybe the going-to-be installed fibre optics cables will help our speed (but then, it may not help because our dear local companies actually limit our internet speed.

Opps, I ended up bashing Singapore's infocomm companies. Coming back to topic, no, don't buy PSP-Go unless it's been proven that the "upgraded internet connection" is really 10x faster than our current speed. I am not even hoping for 40% of the cited "maximum speed of up to 1Gbps!!!!". I am looking at less than 10%. Hopefully we can even reach a 100Mbps. Oh shi-, I'm bashing them again.

Source: PCWorld, VR-Zone

Labels: , , ,

Posted at 11:41 AM